What is it?

Home Insurance is an insurance product that protects your property and your belongings. You can choose between 3 types of policies, which are:


  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Combined buildings and contents insurance

How does it work?

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your property, including the roof, walls and windows. You are also covered for the permanent fittings inside your home such as, a fitted kitchen and a fitted bathroom suite.

Contents insurance covers the contents of your house, in the event of loss, damage or theft. It also includes things outside of your control like, floods, storms, theft, fires, subsidence and water leaks. You can insure valuable items like jewellery, bikes, laptops etc in and away from the home.

Depending on which policy you need, you can choose how much cover you need to protect your building, for example, how much would it cost to rebuild your house. You can also choose how much cover you need to replace all the belongings in your property.

You can add extra’s such as, accidental damage and legal expenses.

These factors will affect your monthly premium but are optional.

Why take out home insurance?

Mortgage – If you are applying for mortgage you wont be accepted until you have a valid building insurance policy in place. If you’ve had a mortgage for a while you should still have building cover because is disaster strikes, you don’t want to be in a position where you are not insured.

Your Belongings – Its important to have cover for your belongings. This will protect your belongings against theft, fire, floods etc. You can also insure some items away from the home as well.

How much does home insurance cost?

The cost of a home insurance policy will vary depending on a few factors. These factors are:




Value of your property and contents


Type of Home insurance (Contents, Buildings or both)

Put You & Your Family in Good Hands

3 Simple Steps


If you fill out a form and provide us with your details, we will then get a member of our team to call you.


When one of our team gets in touch, they will then run through a FREE no-obligation quote with you.

Set Up

If you’re happy with the quote, we will run your application through our panel of 5 star Defaqto rated insurers for an instant decision. If you’re happy with everything the cover can start immediately

FAQ’s For Home Insurance

Is a home insurance policy compulsory?

It depends on the policy, and your situation. For example, if you are applying for a mortgage, the lender might require that you have building cover in place before they grant the mortgage. You don’t have to take out contents cover, but its recommended to have cover in place for your belongings.

If I rent, do I need home insurance?

You wouldn’t need buildings cover, this should be provided by the homeowner. However, it would be beneficial to have contents insurance so that if there were any issues, all of your contents are protected.

What's the difference between building cover and contents cover?

Buildings cover will protect the actual building (bricks and mortar) if there is any damage to the property. Whereas contents insurance will protect all of your belongings within your home in case something happened, such as, you are broken into, your home is flooded, a fire occurs and your contents are stolen or damaged.